Also included in
- The force and motion differentiated inquiry labs bundle is a collection of hands-on labs that focuses on space topics for middle school science. Each topic contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students. BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:Buy the complete inquiry labs bundle and save$49.00$70.00Save $21.00
- This is the ultimate labs bundle for middle school science teachers. The nearly 150 inquiry labs are designed to take the focus off of lab preparation and put it back into teaching. What's Included in each Inquiry Lab:Teachers Resources Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, m$523.00$1043.00Save $520.00
Students will apply varying amounts of force to a golf ball and measure the distance the ball travels as a result, in order to understand the relationship between force and acceleration. They will also apply the same amount of force to both a golf ball and a ping pong ball to explore the relationship between mass and acceleration.
The product contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students.
BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:
- Teacher Resource Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, materials, and additional resources.
- Answer Keys - suggested answer keys for the labs
- CER Conclusion and Reflection Questions - Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning statements along with 3 reflection questions per lab.
- All pages are EDITABLE.
3 Differentiated Labs
Dependent Student Lab- A complete lab. This level is written with a combination of procedural instructions and inquiry questions. They are moderately student-centered with guided inquiry questions throughout the lab. Suggested for on-level learners.
Modified Student Lab - A complete lab. This level provides the most structured lab experience. The lessons may eliminate parts of the lab and change the questioning to include sentence stems or multiple choice questions. Suggested for learners with modifications.
Independent Student Lab - A complete lab. This level is the most student-centered experience. Suggestions are made for the students to get started, but most of the decisions will be student-centered. The students will be responsible for most aspects of the lab and will have the least guidance. Suggested for advanced learners.
Materials Needed Per Group:
- Golf ball
- Ping pong ball
- Tape Ruler
- Index card
- Meter stick
TEKS: 8.6C – Investigate and describe applications of Newton’s three laws of motion such as in vehicle restraints, sports activities, amusement park rides, Earth’s tectonic activities, and rocket launches (this lab activity focuses on the Second Law).
NGSS: MS PS2-2 – Plan an investigation to provide evidence that the change in an object’s motion depends on the sum of the forces on the object and the mass of the object.
Save Time and Buy Now
Save precious prep time and get back to teaching. All of the work hard work has been done for you. Go have some fun with those students!
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.