Requires: Microsoft Word 2016 and Excel 2016 on Windows
RECOMMENDED: WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMO
https://tinyurl.com/ngsspicker (same as https://youtu.be/n4Uw8xN1d9M )
The NGSSPicker tool is a Word dialog box that displays the codes, text, and relationships of the Next Generation science standards, and allows you to insert them into your Word document or to save them as document keywords. Document keywords are stored as a document property, and not in the document itself, and are helpful for file organization because they can be displayed and searched for in File Explorer.
TO INSTALL THE NGSSPICKER TOOL:
• Download the NGSSPicker .ZIP file
• Extract the files from the .ZIP
• Run the INSTALL.BAT file by doubleclicking on it from File Explorer
The next time you open Word, the NGSSPICKER tool will be loaded in the background. You will never directly open any of the files from the tool (except for the readme); the NGSSPicker command will be available from any Word document.
TO RUN THE NGSSPICKER TOOL:
• Type Alt n,g (for next generation)
• OR, go to View\Macros\View Macros. For “Macros in” choose “All active templates and documents” and then pick NGSSPicker from the list.