Nigel and the Moon by Antwan Eady Lesson Plan and Google Activities
K - 2nd, Homeschool
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan for the realistic fiction mentor text picture book Nigel and the Moon by Antwan Eady and Gracey Zhang. Great for back to school, confidence and bravery, dream jobs, and family pride! Google Slides presentation and student activities on Google Docs.
Lessons and activities focus on:
- Summarizing key details (4 strategies: narrative retell, timeline, graphic organizer, Somebody Wanted But Then So)
- Close reading for describing character feelings / emotions
- Main idea and details
- Analyzing the author's message / lesson
- Comparing and contrasting but can easily be modified for other uses
The lesson plans include:
- teacher script with strategic stopping points and questions for students to discuss
- printable prompts for student post-reading responses through discussion in writing or reading response logs
- 4-5 day plan
- Discussion questions
- Suggested discussion strategies
- Strategic stopping points for questioning and close reading
- Anchor chart examples
- Sentence stems / frames for oracy and vocabulary development
- Great for bilingual classrooms
- Printable worksheets for written responses
- Google Docs for student responses
- Google Slides for displaying lesson ideas, discussion questions and prompts
How to Use This Resource:
- whole group
- small group
- as a reading intervention
- special education (SPED)
- bilingual or Dual Language / DLI classrooms
- with ELLs for ESL instruction
- Great for K, 1st, and 2nd grade
- Google Classroom Distance learning / virtual learning
- on chromebooks or iPads for tech classrooms to go paperless
Your kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students will love this story!
✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭
You May Also Like:
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.