This lesson was created for students in 8th grade English class - this is teacher and student tested and approved! The unit studies the novel Night by Elie Wiesel, asking students to think critically about the novel and the Holocaust both as individuals and in their literature circle groups. I assigned students to groups based on ability and compatibility in order to maximize discussion. I recommend groups of four, though you could make groups between three to six students work, depending on your class needs. I hope you and your students enjoy this unit!
- Teacher Lesson Plan (including daily plans)
- Literature circle packet
- 8 daily activities (in PDF and editable formats)
- Reading reminders fillable bookmarks
- Intro to Lit Circles slideshow (PDF and editable formats)
- Test study guide (PDF and editable formats)
- Test with key (PDF and editable formats)