Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.53 MB | 36 pages
This is to be used with the novel Night by Elie Wiesel. I just recently taught the novel and updated much of my material. I hope this is helpful.
This product includes:
- Novel Exam: 20 multiple choice questions, 1 short essay with 4 alternate topics, 4 questions dealing with quotes, and 10 vocabulary fill in the blanks. Answer key is also included.
- Exam Review sheet
- Vocabulary List with Definitions: a list of 15 words which are more history based.
- Vocabulary Tests: Two different tests to be used with the Night Vocabulary Lists
- Magic Square Vocabulary Activity: the kids tend to really enjoy magic squares especially those who are skilled in math. This is a great cross-curricular activity. If you email me, I can send you some more magic square formulas for free. This also includes an answer sheet.
- Holocaust Research Packet: In this activity, students will explore the Holocaust Museum website and create a bibliography with correct MLA citations. I also include a MLA citation practice page.
- Persuasive Rhetoric Lesson: This lesson teaches students and persuasion using speeches. There is a handout and a teacher's lesson.
- Character Chart: Students explain the significance of each of the listed characters to the plot and overall meaning of the novel.
- Quote Circle Activity Template: I use these in place of selection quizzes periodically. If you are using my test, you may want to incorporate the quotes included in the exam. I include a list of quotes I have used in the circles in the past along with the chapter in which they are found.
***New 2/1/2016*** Quote Circle Activity- Chapter One!
***New 2/18/2016***Quote Circle Activity- Chapters Three - Five!
- If I Were in Charge of the World Poem Template: choose any character (or archetype) from the novel and complete the following poem in his/her words.
- Poem in Two Voices Activity: with a partner students will choose two characters (or archetypes) from the novel with opposing views and create their own poem.
- Loan Words Lesson: students research Hebrew and Yiddish words adopted by American culture. ***Key Now Included***
- Night Translations Mini Lesson: this is a handout which discusses the various transformations the novel took.
- Theme Worksheet: students explore various themes found in the novel.
As always, once you buy this product, you may edit it to fit your needs, but please let me know how you improve or adapt these activities. I love feedback.