This is to be used with the novel Night by Elie Wiesel. I just recently taught the novel and updated much of my material. I hope this is helpful.
This product includes:
- Novel Exam: 20 multiple choice questions, 1 short essay with 4 alternate topics, 4 questions dealing with quotes, and 10 vocabulary fill in the blanks. Answer key is also included.
- Vocabulary List with Definitions: a list of 15 words which are more history based.
- Vocabulary Tests: Two different tests to be used with the Night Vocabulary Lists
- Magic Square Vocabulary Activity: the kids tend to really enjoy magic squares especially those who are skilled in math. This is a great cross-curricular activity. If you email me, I can send you some more magic square formulas for free. This also includes an answer sheet.
- Character Chart: Students explain the significance of each of the listed characters to the plot and overall meaning of the novel.
- (NEW) Say, Mean, Matter Quote Analysis: I have begun to use this resource recently to help my students reach a deeper level of analysis that I wasn't quite getting from the quote circle activity. I have included this resource to supplement the circle activity.
- Quote Circle Activity Template: I use these in place of selection quizzes periodically. If you are using my test, you may want to incorporate the quotes included in the exam. I include a list of quotes I have used in the circles in the past along with the chapter in which they are found.
- If I Were in Charge of the World Poem Template: choose any character (or archetype) from the novel and complete the following poem in his/her words.
- Loan Words Lesson: students research Hebrew and Yiddish words adopted by American culture. Answer key included.
- Night Translations Mini Lesson: this is a handout which discusses the various transformations the novel took.
- Theme Worksheet: students explore various themes found in the novel.