Night in Book Clubs
This bundle includes everything you need to have students read "Night" by Elie Wiesel in Book Clubs.
This book can be a lot for an individual reader to process. I like to teach this text in book clubs because the structure:
- Offers students a chance to teach and/or share with one another.
- Gives kids a chance to talk on a shared academic topic.
- Provides plenty of opportunities for processing.
- Allows students to work with other students they may not have previously.
- Creates a shared sense of responsibility – the “usual suspects” are sometimes less likely to act out when they are immediately responsible to their peers!
This Book Club Study can be used as a stand-alone unit, or in conjunction with my "Night" Unit of Study.
Includes the Following:
* Night in Book Clubs Instructions for the Teacher (includes suggestions for creating, running, and supporting Book Clubs)
* Six Days of Club Agendas (Tasks, Questions, and Discussion Points)
* Book Club Expectations
* Book Marks for Guided Reading and Reader's Notebooks
* Teacher Conference Guide and Record
* Book Club Conference Sign-Up Poster/Sheet
* Homework “Mini-Assignments” Poster
* Homework “Mini-Assignments” for Reader’s Notebook
* “Table Texting” Book Club Activity
* Leave One, Pass it on! Book Club Activity
* Materials for Reader’s Notebook
* Night End of Book Discussion Questions & Worksheet
Often aligned to the Common Core.
Questions crafted with attention to Bloom's Taxonomy.
"Night" is a great mentor text to use for teaching Author's or Writer's Craft. Deepen your unit and focus on the study of language with my Author’s or Writer’s Craft Introductory Unit
Additional "Night" Study Products:
Night by Elie Wiesel: Unit of Study
Night by Elie Wiesel: Assessment Pack
Life is Beautiful: Unit of Study
Butterfly Project: How we Honor and Remember the Victims of the Holocaust
Follow Me and find out first about sales, new products, and new freebies! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on the upper right of this page or from the Language Arts by Lauren Store.
Happy Teaching :)
"Night" Book Club Unit of Study created by Lauren Colletti
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License