This is a HUGE literature unit for the book, "Night of the Twisters", by Ivy Ruckman. It is a great novel to use while studying weather in science or during a survival theme.
This unit includes many different activities and options, including:
- Short answer comprehension questions
- Short answer test
- Variety of figurative language worksheets (similes, personification, onomatopoeia, etc.)
- Persuasive Writing prompts
- 12 Project Challenges
- Tornado Poetry Project
- Elements of literary text worksheets (characters, setting, etc.)
- Making predictions, visualizations, etc.
- Compare and contrast sheet
- Observation science labs (ice cube, tornado tube, silly putty)
- Create a Thermometer Lab
- Create a Tornado in a Jar Lab
- Cover Analysis
- Bookmark for Story Elements
- Character Chart
- Chapter Title Chart (for main idea)
- Sheets for adjectives, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- Survey question sheet
- Vocabulary words
- Tornado Facts scavenger hunt
Loads of resources and ideas to help make this great book come alive in your classroom! There are lots of things to choose from, a fantastic way to differentiate!