"This was PERFECT to go along with our NightJohn study! The mini chapter quizzes were a great exit ticket, and the longer chapter questions and analysis/evaluate pieces were fabulous for deeper thinking." - Krystyne
"My students love reading NightJohn. They were eager to complete the activities and share their ideas. This is one of my favorite novels to teach!" - Christine
This is the perfect novel to study for Black History Month or any unit that covers slavery in American History.
This product contains a novel guide and all related resources for teaching by Gary Paulsen. The guide contains chapter-by-chapter activities for using in the classroom.
For each chapter in the novel, the guide contains:
• Comprehension questions that require students to use the remembering and understanding levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy (answer key is included for all questions except for opinion paragraphs)
• Extension Activities that require students to engage in applying, analyzing, evaluating, and creating levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
• Quick Quizzes for each chapter that consist of five multiple choice or true or false questions (answer key is included)
• 9 writing prompt cards that are perfect for writing assessments or as the foundation for an engaging Socratic Seminar discussion.
• A BINGO Choice Board of 20 different projects that allow students to creatively show their understanding of the novel and its themes.
Purchase a coordinating set of Nightjohn Task Cards to further encourage deep understanding of the novel or Black History Month Video Notes and BINGO Menu Board.
Check out my other Novel Guides.
Feedback & Followers:
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
Connect with me at:
***Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, commenting, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.***