Use this resource to enhance your teaching about nitrogen and the nitrogen cycle. Guided graphic notes are a great way to help your students make associations between words and visual images. Sketching, doodling, or coloring notes gives students an opportunity to personalize their learning and improves their retention of the things they are learning. Research shows a powerful memory effect when images and words are linked during the process of learning.
In this resource you’ll receive notes on three connected topics:
Why Nitrogen Is Important – examples of important materials that contain carbon.
About Nitrogen – general information about common carbon compounds that are important in the carbon cycle.
The Nitrogen Cycle – detailed illustrated diagram of the carbon cycle.
The notes are provided in differentiated versions:
• Three black/white fill-in-the-blank notes pages (one each for the three topics). Use these for students who need guidance while taking notes.
• Three black/white completed notes pages to use as handouts (one for each topic). Use these for students who have been absent or who have disabilities that prevent them from taking written notes.
• Three black/white blank notes pages with all illustrations but little text. Use these if you prefer developing your own notes, or for students who are ready for taking notes without assistance.
• Full color versions of all three options listed above.
Total of 12 pages – 3 color and 9 black/white.
Please take a look at the preview to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Take a look at these related individual resources for teaching about biogeochemical cycles:
Water: Guided Graphic Notes
Carbon Cycle Guided Graphic Notes
You might also be interested in my other Guided Graphic Notes
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, free resources and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates about my new products.