No, David Activities - Reading Comprehension - Reading Strategies
Also included in
- Do your students love the books of David Shannon? If so, take a look at this bundle of literacy book companions for:⭐️A Bad Case of the Stripes ActivitiesA Bad Case of the Stripes promotes self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-expression and reflects on the effects of peer pressure and being free toPrice $7.50Original Price $11.40Save $3.90
- WHAT’S INCLUDEDPig the PugNo David!Lilly's Purple Plastic PurseI Want My Hat BackExtra YarnThe GivingCheck out my other picture book graphic organizer companion packs here!WHO IS IT FOR?This product is made for elementary/primary students. FEATURESDifferentiation: You can differentiate using the mosPrice $35.69Original Price $39.65Save $3.96
- Using picture books about self-management shows your student book characters recognising how different situations influence their behavior, emotions and judgments and responding appropriately during challenging situations.Book Characters with self-management show:Improved confidence and self-esteem.Price $12.11Original Price $17.30Save $5.19
Make teaching reading skills fun with these engaging and differentiated activities for No, David! by David Shannon! This resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering more than 10 different comprehension skills perfect for centers, assessments or sub-planning.
Your students will love digging deeper into No, David! book while developing their comprehension skills. The activities are open-ended, so they can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
The No, David! activities were also created so your students can reflect that rules are there for a reason, as breaking them can lead to accidents and upsetting others
This is reinforced further by No, David! read-aloud discussion questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book.
Here's what you'll get (find the contents page in the preview!):
- Asking Questions
- Author’s Purpose
- Cause and effect, including games related to the cause and effect in the book.
- Character traits and analysis, including anchor chart labels.
- Discussion questions as a list or individual cards.
- Compare & Contrast; including Venn diagrams
- Inferring and Predicting; including specific book-related scenarios.
- Main Idea and Theme; including examples for the book
- Making Connections (text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world)
- Point of View of characters, author and narrator
- Problem and Solution
- Retelling & Sequencing; including visual images
- Book-related vocabulary activities
- Wring prompts
- Book-themed writing paper
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
These resources are perfect to use for:
- readers and writers workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centres
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
- This book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
- The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book. These ideas are my interpretation but will give you a head start.
- The questions and activities are opinion based, so there are NO answer keys. The activities were designed to be open-ended for easy differentiation.
- Please ask any questions before purchasing.
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
You will find this literacy resource in the following money-saving bundles:
Hope & Optimism Picture Book Graphic Organizers
Female Characters Picture Book Graphic Organizers
Cooperation & Teamwork Picture Book Graphic Organizers
Community & Belonging Picture Book Graphic Organizers
Activism & Social Justice Picture Book Graphic Organizers
You may also like…
→ BUNDLE: Learner Profile Graphic Organizers
→ BUNDLE: Reading Strategies Graphic Organizers for ANY Fiction Book
→ Self-Esteem & Self-Confidence Picture Book Graphic Organizers bundle
→ Growth Mindset Picture Book Graphic Organizers bundle
→ Making Friends Picture Book Graphic Organizers Bundle growing bundle
→ Friendships Picture Book Graphic Organizers growing bundle
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.