Do your students love playing the game Connect 4? This game is played in a similar manner and is all set to go. The packet is black and white for easy printing, and it requires no prep. Simply print the appropriate pages and start your therapy session!
This awesome black and white early sound articulation packet features phonemes initial, medial, and final /p/, /b/, /m/, /n/, /h/, /w/, /t/, /d/, /k/, /g/, /f/, and /v/. One sheet is included for each position of each phoneme (exception: only initial and medial /h/ and initial and medial /w/ are included in the packet).
• Assign each player a color.
• Players take turn placing one marker on one space. Each player, in turn, will “drop” a marker down any of the seven columns. Students should verbally indicate the picture they will be covering with their marker by producing the sound/word correctly or using the word correctly in a phrase or sentence.
• Players must start from the bottom and build up.
• Turns alternate until one player’s markers form four-in-a-row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
• The player who connects four-in-a-row is declared the winner and will go first on the next round.
• Occasionally, with well matched players and luck, the board may fill without a winner. In this case the game is considered a draw!
Note: The SLP can play as an alternate player in case of 1:1 therapy sessions.
• The game gets harder when more people are added to the game. When playing with big groups, consider forming teams.
• If you don’t have time/energy/motivation to cut apart a million game markers (shown on the first two pages of the packet), use colored BINGO chips or Connect 4 markers.
• Place one sheet inside a laminated pouch or laminate the entire board. Use a dry erase marker. Assign each player a shape or a different colored dry erase marker. Players can mark their moves using the dry erase marker by placing their shape or color on the selected space. Get four shapes or colors in a row to win! Simply wipe off the dry erase marks and play again.
Please be sure to visit Breanna's Speech Blog
for more activities and for a peek into my speech room.
My Cute Graphics
Creative Clips by Krista Wallden
*Did you know that you can receive credit from TpT towards money off of future purchases by leaving feedback?*
*Follow me on Instagram to win a copy for free. Winner will be chosen tomorrow - November 24, 2015 in the morning. Instagram = breannas_speech_blog.* *Note: This contest is over.*