Also included in
- This low prep reading skills bundle is a collection of my best selling reading comprehension resources. It addresses main idea, comparing and contrasting, point of view, text features, cause and effect, and character traits. Save over 35% when you buy the bundle!Included in this reading comprehens$29.00$44.25Save $15.25
- This cause and effect packet provides a huge assortment of activities to help students come to a thorough understanding of cause and effect. In order for students to truly understand the complex skill of cause and effect, they must experience it in a variety of ways. Save over 35% when you buy thi$7.25$9.25Save $2.00
This no prep cause and effect resource starts off with the basics and gets increasingly more difficult to help make teaching and differentiating easier for you - just print and go! These activities are great if you are just introducing cause and effect, or if your students need more practice or review.
This resource has been adapted and updated from my Cause and Effect Bundle so that teachers can just buy the scaffolded printables without the task cards or games. If you have already bought that resource, then you already have this!
Students will start by thinking about cause and effect relationships and learning to distinguish between cause and effect. Then, students will practice using several different cause and effect graphic organizers to help them better understand how cause and effect might look in different instances.
Students will also get a chance to practice cause and effect within writing before applying what they have learned within longer reading passages.
Included in this resource:
- 5 cause and effect cut and paste activities to help your students learn the difference between cause and effect
- 5 cause and effect graphic organizer activities
- 1 activity that has students think about cause and effect relationships that don't make sense
- 2 cause and effect writing activities where students read short, unfinished passages and have to finish the story by adding a reasonable effect
- 2 half page cause and effect reading passages with a chart to fill in
- 1 full page cause and effect passage with test prep questions
- 4 blank, reusable cause and effect graphic organizer that can be used with other texts
- 1 grading rubric and answer keys
This resource can be used for homework, literacy centers, review, practice, and more for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students that need more cause and effect practice.
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical