A set of 19 visual math activities and puzzles in a 38-page resource, for middle primary years and special education. A good choice for morning math, or for early finish / extension work at the end of lessons. It is also a useful pack for supply teachers, with a variety of high-interest activities.
Activities in the pack include:
* graphing - pictograph interpretation, with basic maths operations
* map-reading / finding directions
* Tangram geometry puzzle - choice of 3 dragon designs which can
be used as decorative artworks for the classroom, when each
puzzle is completed. Tangrams are good training for primary
students in spatial problem-solving.
* geometry - polygon pattern sequencing
* 2- and 3-digit addition - using dragon icon keys
* addition and/or subtraction - using number bonds
* multiplication - using factors, arrays and number bonds
* division - using arrays
* word puzzles
* spatial logic puzzle
Two visual maths templates are provided for students to create their own sums as well, to test their desk buddies. The dragon egg number bonds can be used for addition, subtraction or multiplication. Some middle primary students enjoy working together to create their own sets of number bonds for their desk buddy to work on. The students then mark each other's work. This activity builds math confidence.
The dragon array sheets can be used for both multiplication and division, and students can test each other. For example: "Draw 6 groups of 4, and 4 groups of 6 on the dragon array".
All answers are included.