This is a week long cross curriculum study to prepare for Earth Day. Students will discover information about different ways they can help save the planet. Students will practice reading comprehension strategies and basic reading skills in a fun, differentiated, and engaging way! The unit wraps up with a writing and craftivity: "I have the power to save our planet"
Packet include: ***
- suggested weekly plan
- words to watch (vocabulary cards) in color
- words to watch (vocabulary cards) in black and white
- vocabulary in context read aloud or student reader
- differentiated vocabulary in context independent practice (2 levels)
- differentiated frayer model for vocabulary words ( 2 levels)
- paragraph flow chart
- How to follow the 3r's writing
- Differentiated/leveled recycling sort (3 levels)
- poetry study (alliteration and rhythm) (3 levels)
-differentiated reading comprehension strategy and questions for each leveled book (3 levels)
- small group skill practice for fluency, comprehension strategy, and phonics
- super hero craftivity
- writing "I have the power to save the planet"