These no prep emergency sub plans make sick days much less stressful because the plans can be used over and over again with any fiction book that has characters! Simply make several class sets of copies to easily create emergency sub plans that you can have on hand all the time! Include a different fiction book with each class set.
These sub plans include:
- a morning work activity
- 6 pages of language arts / ELA activities - covering character traits, comparing and contrasting, character/setting/plot, nouns and verbs, and more
- 4 math pages - covering graphing, addition, and word problems
- 1 social studies activities
- 1 science activity
- 2 extra pages for early finishers
- a grading rubric if you would like to take a participation/other grade while you were out
Many of the activities can also be used in your everyday class (3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade) with fiction texts that you are reading. These activities are also an easy way to provide work to parents that request it for students that are out sick or going on vacation.
Check out the preview to see everything included in the sub plans!
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical