10 simple, no prep activities to keep your students engaged right to the end!
1) Some Words of Advice…
- 2 versions
- students write a letter to future students
2) Thanks for Everything!
- students write a letter to someone that helped them throughout the year
3) Top Ten
- students create their own top ten list (the subject of this list is up to you!)
4) A Year of Moments
- students list their favorite moments throughout the year
5) Soundtrack of the Year
- students create a soundtrack for a movie about their year
- students also design the album cover
6) Achievements and Goals
- students reflect on achievements of the year, make plans for the summer and set some goals for the coming year
7) Class Awards
- blank so you can personalize!
8) Class Compliments
- students anonymously write compliments to a classmate and then they are sealed in an envelope that they students take home with them on the last day
- I usually do a few students a day during the lead up to the end so that the students really concentrate on filling them out fully
9) Funniest Story of the Year Comic Strip
- students choose their funniest memory of the year and write is as a comic strip
- I assemble them together in a large book once they’re done so everyone can read them
10) Breaking News
- students choose one story from the past year and write about it for a class newspaper
Just print and teach!