A set of 18 visual maths activities in a 36-page resource, curriculum-linked for middle primary years. A good choice for morning maths, or for early finish / extension work at the end of a lesson.
Activities in the pack include:
* graphing - pictograph interpretation, with basic maths operations
* map-reading / finding directions
* Tangram geometry puzzle - choice of 3 reef fish designs which can
be used to decorate the classroom, when each puzzle is
completed. Tangrams are good training for primary students in
visual / spatial problem-solving.
* geometry - polygon pattern sequencing
* 2- and 3-digit addition - using fish icon keys
* addition and/or subtraction - using number bonds
* multiplication - using factors, arrays and number bonds
* division - using arrays
* word and number puzzles
Two visual maths templates are provided for students to create their own sums as well, to test their desk buddies. The reef fish number bonds can be used for addition, subtraction or multiplication. Some middle primary students enjoy working together to create their own sets of number bonds for their desk buddy to complete. The students then mark each other's work. This activity builds maths confidence.
The fish array sheets can be used for both multiplication and division, and students can test each other. for example: "Draw 6 x 4 and 4 x 6 on the fish array".
All answers to puzzles are included.