Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.74 MB | 46 pages
If you're like me, you struggle with the second semester of block scheduling. We have ALL SUMMER to prepare for our first semester, but only two days to prepare for second semester. I'm always bogged down with work, grading, AND prep for the first week of the new semester.
I developed this bundle as a way to save myself (and you) SO MUCH TIME! I've included everything you need for your entire first week of English class. It doesn't matter if you teach freshmen, or seniors, these are skills that all grade levels can use and review. The only thing you'll have to add is your own personal syllabus.
This packet includes:
- A student survey
- A parent survey
- A goal sheet for students to fill out
- An activity to activate prior knowledge of literary elements
- A presentation on how to read literature for a deeper meaning
- A short story to practice with
- A presentation on symbolism
- A creative project to practice with symbolism in the short story
- A review of writing a paragraph response + a way for you to get a writing sample from your students
- A guide to reading poetry + an embedded poem to practice with
- A second poem + analysis questions
- A Start up guide detailing which assignments I do during the week and when