Do you need something FUN to do the week before Mother's Day in your classroom or therapy room?? Check this activity pack out!
This activity is packed with Mother’s Day Activities that are easy to use and ready to go! I use these in speech therapy sessions the week before Mother’s Day to work on carry over of skills. This packet can also be used to target specific objectives such as answering questions, describing, following directions,vocabulary, and compare/contrast (but they are not worksheets for specific speech therapy skills, they are can be used by anyone).
This is great for general education classrooms, special education classrooms, counseling sessions, Sunday school classes, or to use at home! (I have my children make these pages for their grandparents!)
I also included separate packets for step-mothers, grandmothers, aunts and a generic one (to write in “Nana, Mimi. etc.…) Use the whole packet or mix-and-match the pages! There are 9 fun no-prep pages, 2 crafts, and Mother's Day coupons (see the preview for what each page looks like).
• This is my mother: The student draws a portrait of their mother and describes her eyes and hair.
• What I like to do with my mother: The student is prompted to color one of the three pictures at the top and then draw a picture.
• My mother’s favorite things: The student draws their mother’s favorite food, drink, animal, and color.
• This Mother’s Day I want to: The student will color the picture that shows what they want to do for their mother.
• My mom and I: The student draws a picture. I encourage them to tell me about her (her name, what they like to do as a family, ect..).
• Mom and I Venn diagram: The student will write how they are alike and different from their mother.
• Mother Acrostic Poem: The student will write a word or phrase that begin with the letters in the word mother.
• Color-by-Mom: The student will answer questions about their mom and then color the part of the picture that has the same number.
• Mother Crossword Puzzle: The student will uses the word bank to fill in the crossword puzzle using Mother’s Day vocabulary.
• Lovely Mother Craft: The student will color and paste 5 describing words about their mother on the flower petals.
• Mother’s Day Coupons: The students will color the coupons they want to give their mother, cut them out, and place them in an envelope (or staple together in a book).
• “I love you this much” craft: The student will construct a hand print craft that opens up to say “I love you this much.”
This activity is designed for students in k-4 (use your discretion within these grade levels).
For your convenience, the download is separated into different files (separating the packs for mom, grandma, aunt, etc..). I also put the coupons and crafts in separate files.
I also have a Father's Day FREEBIE!
• Click here to see it!