- This nonfiction text feature resource encourages students not only to identify text features found in nonfiction text, but to explain the purpose of the text features. Save over 35% when you buy this as part of my Reading Skills Bundle! The following is included in this text features bundle:Nonfict$8.50$11.25Save $2.75
- 7 of my best selling reading skills resources bundled together! This Reading Comprehension Activities Bundle is a .zip file. All of the files are pdfs. Save over 35% when you buy the bundle!Main IdeaOften, main idea is taught by having students identify the topic sentence, but this doesn't always$29.00$44.25Save $15.25
- Product Description
This resource includes 8 no prep reading and writing activities for text feature practice. Help your students apply what they have already learned about text features, thinking more critically about the purpose of text features and how they help readers better understand text.
These activities are self-explanatory and could be completed by students independently in a distance learning packet.
This text features resource includes:
- 2 text feature cut and paste activities that make great text feature centers
- 2 activities where students must write a paragraph that is relevant to a given text feature
- 3 reading passages / articles that students must read and then add appropriate text features to
- 1 text feature writing activity where students must write a nonfiction article and include appropriate text features. Students will go through the entire writing process in creating an article that includes text features - brainstorming, rough draft, revising and editing, and a final draft.
These text feature worksheets can be used as a review, for homework, for morning work, for text feature centers, or as an assessment / quiz in 3rd and 4th grade.
Check out the preview to see all the activities included in this text feature print and go resource!
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical