Mastering phonics skills requires repeated practice. This NO PREP Phonics activities pack will help your students master the phoneme /r/ and the letter / letter combinations: r, rr, rh, and wr. Students will be engaged in phonics practice while working on reading and spelling words with the different spelling patterns for the r sound.
This phonics resource pack is filled with r sound phonics cards along with fun phonics activities and phonics games that your students will love. With interactive games and activities as well as no-prep phonics cards for single syllable and multisyllabic words, you will be able to quickly and easily differentiate instruction to meet the needs of your students. These r sound phonics activities and phonics games are perfect for whole class lessons, small group instruction, independent centers and stations, morning work, or homework. Great for intervention and struggling students too!
View the Preview to see some of these phonics activities, worksheets, and teaching resources.
Phonics Activities and Phonics Games for /r/ Sound includes:
- Word list for all single syllable r sound words
- Word list for all multisyllabic r sound words
- ‘r’ Posters and Words Cards
- ‘rr’ Posters and Word Cards
- ‘rh’ Posters and Word Cards
- ‘wr’ Posters and Word Cards
- 21 No Prep Phonics Activities for single syllable words
- 5 Phonics Games for single syllable words
- 19 No Prep Phonics Activities for multisyllabic words
- 5 Phonics Games for multisyllabic words
Phonics Activities for /r/ Sound are perfect for:
- Independent practice
- Small group work
- Literacy Centers or Stations
- Review and remediation
- Home practice and homework
More Fun and Engaging Phonics Activities:
- R Controlled Vowels | ER Sound Worksheets and Activities
- Vowel Teams OI and OY | Vowel Combination Activities for the /oy/ Sound
- OU and OW Worksheets & Activities | No Prep Phonics | Dipthongs
- Phonics Worksheets and Activities for /s/ Sound | No Prep Phonics
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward free TPT purchases.