Also included in
- Teaching students about point of view is more important than ever. Students need to learn that they can disagree with an author or character, how to consider thoughts and actions from a different perspective, and how an author's own biases might affect a text. This bundle addresses all of these sk$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- 7 of my best selling reading skills resources bundled together! This Reading Comprehension Activities Bundle is a .zip file. All of the files are pdfs. Save over 35% when you buy the bundle!Main IdeaOften, main idea is taught by having students identify the topic sentence, but this doesn't always$29.00$44.25Save $15.25
Point of view is not just about first or third person! Although this resource has a few activities that will help students understand first and third person point of view, it also covers other essential point of view skills within fiction / narratives. The activities encourage students to think about the character's point of view, and how that might differ from their own point of view.
Save over 35% when you buy this point of view resource as part of my Reading Skills Bundle!
Or, if you are also looking for activities to teach point of view in nonfiction, check out my Point of View Activities Bundle and save 20% when you buy!
Point of view activities included in this resource:
- 2 cut and paste point of view worksheets that have students think about what character is telling the story
- 2 short reading passages that students will rewrite from a different character's perspective
- a point of view scavenger hunt where students read a passage and determine what 2 different characters think
- 4 short narratives that have students agree or disagree with a character's point of view while defending their thinking
- a student reference poster for first and third person point of view
- a cut and paste point of view activity that has students differentiate between first and third person points of view
- 2 writing activities for first and third person points of view
- 1 point of view worksheet that can be used with any narrative
- 2 point of view writing activities that can be used with any narrative
- answer keys and grading rubrics
These point of view activities can be used in 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade classrooms as reading centers, writing centers, homework, for small group instruction, for independent practice, and more.
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical