Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Looking for strategies for teaching Los Superlativos /The Superlatives?
• Review the teacher friendly Andamio (how-to-scaffold) slides.
• Share comprehensive Cornell notes for you and your students.
• Flip your classroom with extensive activities and resource links.
• Guide your students’ practice with structured cloze activities to build comprehension confidence.
• Provide socialized practice with an small group or Activity Center activity.
• Assess formatively with a low-stress Exit Ticket.
The resources included in this bundle provide ample practice in various domains to ensure proficiency. After completing the activities in this bundle, students will have a beginner’s knowledge that the Superlatives follows one of 2 formulas using a form of SER because it is a description.
THE PERSPECTIVE: The Superlative can be problematic if we don’t take the time to model for students how important it is to say the phrase aloud enough times so that they get the rhythm of the formulas. It is true that practice makes perfect and once students surrender to the “trick” through practice, they will acquire confidence in their language journey.
THE PRACTICE: Use the Andamio slides to scaffold the lesson and break down the concept of the Superlative, how to say -EST words like bigEST and bEST.The student centered activities included in this bundle will allow students guided group and individual practice.These resources can be used sequentially in whole class instruction, individually in small groups for differentiation or as a pop up grammar lesson. This product is created to be used in a traditional or Google Classroom.
THE PRODUCT: This product includes eight documents with clear instructions and a bonus slide presentation for the teacher to follow the scaffolding we have used effectively in our classrooms. The slides include margin notes for clarification, suggested strategies and/or extension activities. ¡Qué Súper Son Los Superlativos! allows the teacher to provide novice learners the opportunity to practice the 4 essential skill sets of listening, reading, writing and speaking.
EL PRESENTE PROGRESIVO, lovingly encased as a zip file containing 9 different artifacts, has been formatted as a .pdf, a .docx/ google slides for format integrity and editing as you wish and includes the following:
• El Andamio de la Lección: A teacher friendly, visually stimulating, slide presentation that guides the teacher through possible steps of delivery.
• A picture page with captions to match and answer key to generate interest and introduce the concept that can be used as a warm-up for whole class instruction or in small groups.
• Comprehensive Cornell notes with practice sentences to be projected or printed and glued into interactive notebooks
• Beginning practice with resource links introducing El Superlativo with color-coded formulas and 2 lively commercials using the superlative in authentic use by native speakers.
• A novice level guided practice writing prompt, where students express their opinion using the 2 possible formulas and then color-code. Ideal for visual learners. Color-coded Answer Key included.
• A guided practice to use with small groups or in Activity Center.
• A recorded dictation activity of a native speaker. Answer Key and additional strategies included.
• A sentence unscramble activity to color code. Color-coded Answer Key included.
• Individual practice that can be used as an EXIT TICKET a formative or summative assessment.
Uses for incorporating this product into your classroom seamlessly:
• Push out through Google Classroom or similar platform
• Extra review or practice in small group instruction
• Whole class instruction allowing students to contribute in real-time.
We just finished using this product in our classrooms with great results. We hope you and your students find equal satisfaction.
Thank you for considering purchasing this product. You work hard and you deserve a break. You have already signed on to TPT, now get credit for future purchases.
Log in to My Purchases. Next to each purchase, you will see a Provide Feedback button.
Click on it and you will be directed to where you can rate the products you have purchased. TPT donates credits to your account each time you rate a product. Here’s how it works: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits
Don’t miss out on this loyalty program. It’s a win-win! :)