This NO-PREP STEM escape room science activity is the perfect, fun STEM activity for reviewing and identifying phases of matter (solid, liquid, gas) and basic phase changes! The STEM (Science) activity content is suitable for use in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade. It can be completed individually or in groups, so it can also be used as a team-building science activity. Students love working to solve the engaging STEM activities and complete the escape room.
NO PREP!! The locks of the escape room are all automatically controlled by a pre-coded Google Form, so all you have to do is boot up a computer or tablet for each individual or group. Google Classroom is not required, only an internet browser. Hard copies of the puzzles are included if you'd like to print them out for your students, or you can just have them use scratch paper as needed for working out the solutions.
What You Get:
3 STEM Activities reviewing
- Identifying & classifying phases of matter (solid, liquid, or gas) from both pictures and text
- Identifying & reviewing various types of basic phase changes
A Google Form that automates the entire "escape"
Printable copies of the activity prompts
Answer keys for the activities
Teacher setup directions
Student instructions for each of the activities
How to play:
The entire escape will take about 30-45 minutes.
Set up a computer or a tablet for each individual or group (2-5 works best).
The tasks are appropriate for grades 3-5 and review the phases of matter and basics of phase changes.
Looking for more escape rooms? Check out the following!
⭐⭐ STEM Escape Room - Solar System - Launch Pad Escape
⭐⭐ Math Escape Room - Multiplication Facts 1-10
⭐⭐ Team Building Escape Room BUNDLE
* Team Building Escape Room
* Team Building Escape Room ~ Summer Fun
* Team Building Escape Room 2.0
⭐⭐ 3rd Grade ELA Escape Room BUNDLE - ELA L.3.1
* 3rd Grade ELA Escape Room - ELA L.3.1a-b-c
* 3rd Grade ELA Escape Room - ELA L.3.1d-e-f
* 3rd Grade ELA Escape Room - ELA L.3.1g-h-i (Will be added!)