Also included in
- Target both articulation and language skills with these non-fiction, informational texts about silly and obscure holidays. In addition to a text for each day of the month, this product also includes writing and vocabulary expansion activities.CONTENTa non-fiction passage for each day of the month (a$45.00$60.00Save $15.00
Target both articulation and language skills with these non-fiction, informational texts about silly and obscure holidays. In addition to a text for each day of the month, this product also includes writing and vocabulary expansion activities.
- a for each day of the month (all targeted holidays are non-religious)
- targets for multiple sounds embedded within each passage
- questions for each passage targeting skills
- a n page for elaborating on targeted vocabulary words (included in both half and full page formats)
- a for summarizing the holidays
These passages are a good fit for typical 3rd - 6th graders. They would also be appropriate for 2nd graders with strong decoding skills. The SLP may also opt to read passages aloud to target comprehension and language skills, and in this case the texts would be appropriate for second graders.
Each passage includes five language-based questions targeting some of the following skills. Optional vocabulary and writing activities are also included to allow for further expansion.
- WH questions
- social skills
Become a Follower!: Simply look for the star by my logo to follow me and be the first to hear about new products, freebies, and sales.
Get FREEBIES!: Sign up for my newsletter at
Find Me!: Find me on social media for updates and ideas!
Facebook and Instagram (@kiwispeech) are great places to start!
Earn Credits!: Don’t forget to provide feedback for your purchases to earn credits for future purchases.
About the Author:
Kristin Bowers, M.A., CCC-SLP is an ASHA-Certified Speech Language Pathologist based in Pittsburgh, PA. A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, she has worked in Early Intervention, research, private practice, and K-12 settings. She currently serves the K-8 population. Kristin is a two-time Award for Continuing Education recipient. In her free time, you will find her designing things, playing games or doing puzzles, and dreaming about travel.