These are super cute Word Work activities I just created!! I found similar activities online and thought...I'd make my own for my kiddos. Now I'm selling in hopes your little darlings will enjoy them too! They will go perfect with Word Study and Sight Words. They are intended to help your students practice spelling specific words, all while having fun doing so!! I made this pack to easily be differentiated depending on your students spelling abilities. Each page also includes a place where the students write in how many words they are to use when completing the activity. This gives you some leeway and makes it easier to adapt to suit your needs. This pack includes:
- Tens Frame Words: The kiddos write each word on the line, then color a tens frame to match how many letters were in the word.
- Rainbow Words: The kiddos write their words, then write them in rainbow colors.
- Syllable Sort: (two versions) 1st - the kiddos sort their words, by writing them under the correct syllable header (one vs two) depending on how many syllables each word has. 2nd - just include one, two, and three syllable boxes for sorting.
- How Many Letters: (two versions) 1st - The kiddos count how many letters are in each of their words, then write the word in the corresponding box as to whether the word has: 4, 5, 6, or 7+. 2nd - is the same but includes: 5, 6, 7, or 8+ instead.
- Text Me!: The kiddos use a "iPad" to write in their words, and then practice "typing them on the keyboard".
Be sure to check out some of my other Word Work Activities:
Word Work Fun!!!
Some of my other Spring/ Easter Goodies
I would love to give a TON of credit to:
Krista Wallden’s Absolutely Amazing Clipart and Borders!
Hello Literacy’s Super Cute “Hello” Fonts!
Word to the Wise iPad Clipart
Allison Palm’s Clipart Tens Frames