Helping students learn to study is an ongoing skill that needs reinforcement on a regular basis. This editable, no-prep ASCA Standards/Mindsets and Behaviors based lesson from The DIY Counselor addresses basic study skills, test-taking, note-taking, organization, time-management, study strategies, using a textbook, and developing a weekly study plan. This lesson includes: ASCA lesson plan, pre/post assessment, powerpoint, study skills student checklist, editable word and excel weekly study plan template, and a weekly study plan guide.
ASCA Standards/Mindsets and Behaviors Addressed in this lesson:
ASCA National Standards:
A: Student will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
A:A1: Improve Academic Self-Concept-A:A1.5 identify attitudes and behaviors which lead to successful learning
A:A2: Acquire Skills for Improving Learning-A:A2.3 use communications skills to know when and how to ask for help when needed
B: Students will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial postsecondary options, including college.
A:B1: Improve Learning-A:B1.3 apply the study skills necessary for academic success at each level
2. Self-confidence in ability to succeed
6. Positive attitude toward work and learning
3. Use time-management, organizational and study skills
7. Identify long- and short-term academic, career and social/emotional goals
3. Demonstrate ability to work independently
8. Demonstrate the ability to balance school, home and community activities
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login).
• Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
• Click it to be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
• Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Follow me by clicking the green star next to my name above to stay up to date with my listings.
Also, check for updates on products you have purchased.
Please follow me on social media:
The DIY Counselor on Facebook
The DIY Counselor on Instagram
The DIY Counselor on Pinterest
The DIY Counselor on Twitter
The DIY Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org