Do you want to work on cooking AND language skills with your older students, but not spend tons of time coming up with a recipe, prepping or printing?
This resource contains 6 basic recipes + 3 extension activities for each one! No print AND printable versions are included for each resource! Your students will have a great time targeting their language skills within a functional activity!
The 6 recipes are:
- Lemonade (from a lemonade mix)
- Microwave popcorn
- Gelatin (using hot/cold water...not stove top)
- Grilled Cheese
- Scrambled Eggs
- Spaghetti (using a can of sauce, without adding meat)
Each of the 6 recipes include:
- One page of needed supplies and ingredients (with pictures)
- A one-page recipe overview (all the steps of the recipe, no pictures)
- A step-by-step version of the recipe with pictures (each step on a separate page). Recipes range from 6-10 steps.
- A one-page vocabulary activity where students name and describe the purpose of 3 supplies used in the recipe (such as a spatula, skillet, etc.)
- A one-page answering questions activity where students answer 4 wh- questions about the recipe. The fourth question involves making an inference.
- A one-page sequencing activity where the students number the picture steps of the recipe and can describe what they did in each step (optional).
This resource comes in a zipped file, containing 2 files:
- The PDF: A full-color, 80-page interactive PDF with clickable buttons for easy navigation as well as fillable text boxes. It works on tablets, computers, or smart boards. If using on an iPad, open in a PDF reader app. When using on a computer, you can open and use the resource on a free PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC which is a free download (if you don’t already have it installed) and is shown in the preview video. This resource works wonderfully with screen share for teletherapy sessions!
- The PDF: 69-page PDF (not interactive) which contains all of the same content as the no-print resource, but has black/white images instead of color. You can print multiple pages per sheet, if you'd like smaller versions of the step-by-step pages.
For more information on using interactive PDFs (such as this resource) in speech therapy, check out these FREE resources:
For more LIFE SKILLS resources, check out: