Make Library visits relevant and meaningful. You will find this middle school Reading Promotion Bundle a valuable tool to promote content area reading for both English Language Arts and Social Studies, and to minimize the time it takes students to find something to read.
To support Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, this package contains:
- Reading Record for ELA & a combined ELA/Social Studies Reading Record
- Fiction Subject bookmark for students to find & keep track of books read
- Fiction Subjects, Multicultural, Poetry, and State Reading List book spine label templates.
To support the C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards for World Cultures/Geography, State History, and U.S. History, this package contains:
- Library Lesson Plan for introducing Content Reading in Social Studies: Experience the World through GlobeTrekker Books, Live Our State History through Sensational State Books, and Become an Effective United States Citizen through Read America Books.
(Showing your SS teachers this Library Lesson Plan with C3SS can convince them to give you a single class period to help their students achieve at a higher level.)
- 3 customized Slide Presentations with PDF Notes
- Reading Record for Interactive Notebook/binder, customized for each course
- Bookmark for each course for students to take notes during reading
- Incentive Coupon for each course to read 10 Social Studies books
- Templates for book spine labels - 5 Global, a generic State History, and Fiction & Dewey for U.S. History. (The 3/4” x 1” book label templates are formatted to print on Demco's Spine Label Processing sheets Item #: WM14217700.)
**FREE Bonus offer: I will create custom spine labels for your own State History books and State Reading List books. Just email your choices to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll email them back to you. Pages of sample images are included in this package.