This is a 12 page, one lesson, ActivInspire flipchart for Promethean Boards.
The lesson follows the Gradual Release Model.
CCSS addressed: RI 3.1, W 3.2, Social Studies GLE 3.1, SL 3.1
The flipchart includes:
- Non-fiction texts about early explorers and Non-fiction text features
- Anchor charts of Close Reading Symbols and Text Evidence Sentence Starters for accountable talk or independent writing
- Hook / Lesson Intro of a Thinking Map - Flow Map - sequencing historical events to activate prior knowledge
- I DO, WE DO, YOU DO - one paragraph each with text dependent questions. Teachers interactively model how to use Close Reading symbols and text mark the passage.
- Ms Word document is embedded on the YOU DO slide for teachers to print the paragraph and text dependent question, along with the writing rubric
- Lexile levels are in the 600-670 range
- The model shows two possible written responses. Students are required to critically think and assess each against the writing rubric.
- Check for understanding slide
- embedded timers to help with lesson pacing
- fast finisher activity
- Closure - post it note responses for quick checks and a student self assessment of their learning