Main Idea Bags are a highly engaging literacy center/lesson activity to support the concept of MAIN IDEA in NON-FICTION text - with each task in its own bag! A great introduction to main idea, or an excellent review activity. Students will determine the main idea from three choices after reading three non-fiction details.
* Materials for 18 complete main idea bags
* Each bag contains seven cards:
- Three detail cards on grade-appropriate topics
- One 'what's the main idea?' card
- Three main idea cards - cards provide three possible main ideas
(Students choose the correct main idea)
* Numbered backs for detail cards
* Colored backs for main idea cards
* Printable student direction chart to post at center or in classroom
* Two versions of student recording sheet for differentiation (with student directions on the sheet) for use in centers. Students have the option of writing their own main idea statement rather than choosing one from the cards.
To preview this product in action, visit my blog post here.
If you like this, be sure to check out Main Idea Bags *Fiction*.