Hold your students accountable for the reading that they do each night at home. My students are required to read for 30 minutes each night. In order to insure that they are doing some type of reading, I have them answer a reading response question. In the past, I assigned them which question they had to answer each night. I wanted to incorporate more choice within my assignments so I created this product.
Students will have 25 response choices they can choose from each night. They can answer these questions in a reading notebook, homework notebook, or homework packet each night. I have my students label the number they chose on top of their homework sheets so I know what they are answering. Some of my students cross off or color in the response that they already did so they do not repeat within the same month.
*Response questions are repetitive throughout the months.
Some Non-Fiction Reading Response sheets include:
- List two new facts you learned?
- What new information surprised you?
- What are two words to sum up the text. Explain your thinking.
- List one new word you learned and its meaning.
- What information did you learn that was not in the text?
- Write a fact and an opinion from the text.
- Why do you think the information you read about is important?
- What is another title for this piece of text? Explain.