PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This unit contains 8 different nonfiction-explanatory cookbooks. While these are fun cooking activities that can easily be done in a classroom setting, you don’t have to cook any of them to use this pack. To use the cookbooks, simply reproduce on cardstock, laminate and bind together.
Other items in this pack include supplemental materials based on the explanatory piece. For each piece you will find:
- A parent letter for gathering ingredients.
- A reproducible sheet for recording the directions which can be used during guided, interactive, or independent writing.
- A cut a sentence book based on the recipe for sentence structure.
- A picture sequencing activity based on the recipe.
- A fun craftivity book for the children to make based on the book. It may be used as the cover for the activities.
- Explanatory writing is a part of the nonfiction common core standards. So these cookbooks can simply be read as a piece of text followed by a variety of follow up writing and reading activities included in this pack.
The following list names the recipes that are in this pack:
- Alligator Stew
- Santa Cookies
- Turkey Cookies
- Chick Cookies
- Lion Cookies
- Sunflower Cookies
- Bear Biscuits
NEW FOR 2014: Added Peanut Allergy friendly pages at the end of the unit.
(c) 2013 - Kim Adsit. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for their own classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Keywords: reading, sight words