This NON FICTION TEXT PROJECT has children cover all the areas of Bloom’s Taxonomy! They need to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate and create information using what they know about text features! Students will have a Non-Fiction Graphic organizer/map where they will do their planning/organizing on. They will then write their OWN informational text using text features.
• 2 pages of an Informational Map Organizer. Students will come up with a title, topic, illustration and use 5 other text features.
• 2 pages are for the students to write their text on. One has wide lines and the other has thinner lines.
• Partner’s Checklist- Student will have to critique a partner’s Informational map and text.
• Direction page
• Text Structure Flap for interactive notebook
• 5 sets of different Text Feature Flap for interactive notebook
• 1 empty flap for you to write in your own features
Teach students what are text features and how text features help them as readers and writers.
Use this project for them to apply what they have learned about text features.
Students will have to: (BLOOM’S TAXONOMY)
Remember what are text features
Understand how each text feature works and its purpose
Apply text feature knowledge in order to come up with a perfect NON-Fiction text
Analyze how each text feature will work for the text they will write
Evaluate themselves and others to make sure each text feature goes with the text and the purpose of their topic (Describe, Problem and Solve, Sequence, Cause and Effect, or Compare and Contrast)
Create their own project using all of the information they wrote down
When your students are ready to create a project you will need to supply them with construction paper or a file folder. They will use their creativity to make a beautiful cover on the outside. Then in the inside they will create their own informational text using text features they used on the worksheets. Make a sample of what you expect them to do.
Common Core: RI.1.5, RI.1.7, RI.2.5, RI.2.7, RI.3.5, RI.3.7, RI.4.5, RI.4.7, RI.5.5, RI.5.7