This product includes the following activities to incorporate non-fiction text feature lessons for grades 3, 4, 5 and 6:
1. Non-fiction text features definitions.
2. Student scavenger-hunt worksheet activity.
3. Follow up activity for early finishers.
4. I have/WHO HAS???? game cards with non fiction text features.
5. Matching definitions test for non-fiction text feature terms.
The scavenger hunt is a great activity to leave with a sub. Or, I like having it for early finishers of other assignments.
When I do this activity in my class, I copy the definitions on one side of the paper, and the scavenger hunt on the other to save paper. Students can use any text book to hunt for the features. There is a column for the students to write the definitions in their own words (common core aligned).
My students LOVE to play I have/who has with this lesson. It is a fun way to help them learn the different features.
The follow up activity for early finishers is a great way for students to make a real life application of the non-fiction text features.
Click here to see my other Reading products:
Inference Task Cards and Test
Tools of Persuasion