Teaching non-fiction text structure can be challenging. This resource takes students through the different stages of learning: from whole group guided practice to independent application. As students complete these activities, they will gain confidence in determining a text's structure.
Each of the following non-fiction text structures are included:
• Cause & Effect
• Compare & Contrast
• Problem & Solution
• Question & Answer
Included in this resource:
• Classroom posters for each text structure with visual cues and clue words
• Student bookmarks to remind students of the text structures, visuals, and clue words
• Matching cards: A whole group activity where students will match the text structure to the text. A recording sheet is included to keep students engaged.
• All About Text Structure note taking page
• 6 non-fiction texts: one for each text structure
• Text structure graphic organizers to use with the texts provided or your own text
• 5 double-sided independent practice pages with non-fiction texts
• Application page: text structure recording sheet to use with any non-fiction text
• Writing page: Students will write about a single topic using each of the 6 text structures
• Directions on how to use each component of the bundle
• Answer keys
All resources that are in color are also provided for you in black & white.
Check out my other ELA resources:
Vocabulary Context Clues Printables
Cut & Paste Reading Skills Activities Pack 1
Cut & Paste Reading Skills Activities Pack 2