As a "Thankful For All That You Do"
gesture, I'm pricing this packet at $4.95.
Studying a bit about turkeys
is not only super-interesting, but it helps me get in some science
practice as well.
are a perfect November theme, without being totally tied to Thanksgiving, which is not celebrated by everyone in our very diverse
classrooms of today.
With these things in mind, I designed “Turkey Talk”. It’s chock full of a variety of activities that include:
* A colorful KWL chart
which can be done as a whole group, while the BW version can be done individually.
realistic and lovely clip art posters
featuring a male, female and baby turkey along with a nest of eggs.
* I’ve also included a set of “Match Game”
picture and word cards.
* A “color me” Turkey Talk emergent reader
, that’s packed with Dolch
sight words, as well as a “trace & write” version
for younger kiddos.
* A “Let’s Talk Turkey” vocabulary building
poster, with a matching...
* “Define These Words” worksheet
* A “Turkey Time” word search
as a fun way to practice these new words.
* A labeled turkey head, photo-poster
, with an accompanying definition
, “Label the Turkey” worksheets
interesting turkey facts
. Pick your favorites, share with your students, then use this background information to check their comprehension.
* A follow up “Some interesting facts I learned about turkeys” writing prompt worksheet
* 10 photo-posters
of wild and domestic turkeys.
* 2 Venn diagrams
, which come in color to do as a whole group, as well as BW to be done individually or with a partner.
* 3 photo-posters of a peacock for a comparison-contrast
* A “Turkeys Are Can Have” worksheet in color and BW
* A “Would you like to have a turkey as a pet?”
writing prompt worksheet.
* A “Describe a Turkey” worksheet for adjective and descriptive writing practice.
* 2 life cycle of a turkey
crafts. One's a slider the other a "Turn & Learn Wheel" Plus several matching worksheets & a game.
All come in BW as well as color, so that you can quickly & easily make samples to share; and finally,
* 2 “We learned about turkeys today! Ask me what I know.” color-me bookmarks
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you find these easy-peasy, “print & go” activities helpful. Wishing you a blessed November.
Click here to see more Thanksgiving activities.
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways
Check out my educational Pinterest boards