Non-Mendelian Inheritance - PowerPoint and Handouts
Students will learn about non-Mendelian forms of inheritance, such as codominance, incomplete dominance, multiple alleles and polygenic inheritance as they watch a PowerPoint and complete Punnett Squares.
What students will do:
* Take notes in a graphic organizer.
* Apply their knowledge to some Punnett Square practice.
* Determine how the inheritance of their foot size relates to the size of other parts of the body.
Includes 15 PowerPoint Slides and 11 pages of student handouts and answer keys.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Genetics Bundled Unit
which comes with a 115+ PowerPoint slide presentation and 160+ handouts for teaching Genetics and Heredity in your classroom.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Genetics Task Cards
- Genetics Word Wall
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes four cootie catchers aligned with our genetics unit.
- Winter Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Genetics: Non-Mendelian Genetics and Other Inheritance Patterns © Getting Nerdy, LLC