This resource contains all of my nonverbal activities, which would cost $17.00 if purchased individually. Save on already discounted bundles with this mega bundle and get every one of them for only $12.00!
Students begin with a PPT introduction to non-verbal communication and practice by acting out short sentences without speaking. They then consider how to emote more effectively on stage and practice by playing Emotion Charades followed by Adverb Charades.
Afterwards, they learn what a tableau vivant is and how to create a center of focus on stage. Once they understand how to create a center of focus, the next lesson asks students to create a tableau vivant with a wide variety of stage business.
Finally, students apply what they’ve learned to creating pantomimes. After doing pantomime prompts as a class, students are asked to create their own pantomime scenes that include some kind of conflict and have a clear beginning, middle, and end. For an extra challenge students can also try doing partner pantomimes.
- Students will improve their non-verbal communication.
- Students will emote more effectively on stage.
- Students will learn how to create a center of focus on stage.
- Students will incorporate more stage business in their scenes.
- Students will create short scenes with a source of conflict, as well as a clear beginning, middle, and end.
1) Non-verbal Communication2) Emoting with Non-verbal Cues Bundle3) Tableaux Vivants4) Stage Business5) Pantomime Bundle
If you've previously purchased any of these resources individually and would like to upgrade to the non-verbal activities megabundle, please contact me! amuseintheclassroom(at)gmail(dot)com