Everything you need for a great Non-Fiction Writing Unit! At the end of this unit, your students will have an awesome nonfiction book!
This unit includes detailed day by day lessons all mapped out over a 17-20 day unit. These lessons include mini lessons and suggested dialogue to help your students become expert nonfiction writers! The unit has been divided into 2 parts. Part 1 is the Planning/Organizing phase. Part 1 has 10 mini lessons. Part 2 focuses on adding the final touches/craft lessons (adding photos, captions, bold words, title page, revising the headings to a catchier heading...) This part has 7 mini lessons. Each lesson may take longer, depending on your class.
What Do You Get With This Unit???
- detailed daily minilessons with suggested dialogue to have with your students.
- There are a ton of books to refer to
- Minibooks for each animal (cheetah, dolphin, great white shark, american alligator)
- Anchor Chart examples
- Table of Contents pages
- Notetaking packets, broken up into categories (characteristics, habitat, diet, extra fun facts).
- Instructions on how to take notes
- "How to Draw…" instructions
- Diagram page template
- Final Draft page templates that include 4 different paper choices (landscape/portrait; regular lines/primary lines)
- Cover pages
- Photographs for students to use
- Peer Editing Checklist
- Individual posters for each nonfiction feature (includes some extra nonfiction feature posters.)
- One single poster with all the nonfiction features.
** This unit provide you and your students information for cheetahs,dolphins, great white sharks, and american alligators. You do not have to use these animals. The templates are made for you to use with any animal or topic. The in-depth mini lessons can be geared toward any nonfiction topic.