This is a great ELA unit focused around a SLOTH! My students love learning about the laziness of a sloth and other interesting facts. This mini lesson is CCSS aligned and includes:
- a one page nonfiction text with a high 5th grade reading level (5.8)
- four comprehension worksheets
- a research based summative response w/ rubric
- a t-chart for research notes
- final draft writing paper
- a graphic organizer to compare the researched animal with a sloth
- a writing activity to explain the graphic organizer
These activities will get your students looking back in the text, highlighting text evidence, and coming up with research questions of their own.
My fourth graders loved it and I hope your classroom does too!