Nonfiction & Animal Science Units Bundle - Reading & Writing Activities - Spring
- Various file types
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (19)
showing 1-5 of 19 products
Teach non-fiction, animal, and science topics ALL YEAR with this massive bundle of 17 Non-Fiction & Animal Science Units. Make learning about animals, seasons, and other non-fiction topics fun with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities.
This resource will help your first grade, second grade, or third grade students build writing skills, understand informational text and build reading comprehension, and learn interesting facts about important non-fiction themes and concepts all year long.
⭐ Create anchor charts to lead your lessons and use the low-prep activities to teach a comprehensive unit that supports every student in your classroom.
⭐ Students will learn about the four seasons, popular animals, earth day, and more by reading captivating non-fiction text written in student language and completing partner projects and independent activities.
↑↑↑ Look at the PREVIEW to see what's included up close, the individual units, and the variety of lessons and activities! ↑↑↑
What you get in this HUGE Non-Fiction & Animal Science Bundle:
All About Fall (apples, pumpkins, leaves)
All About Spiders
All About Owls
All About Bats
All About Winter (evergreen trees, snowflakes, snowmen)
All About Penguins
All About Polar Bears
All About Spring (rainbows, ladybugs, birds, plants)
All About Butterflies
All About Frogs
All About Chickens
All About Flowers
All About Earth Day
All About Summer
All About Whales
All About Sea Turtles
All About Salmon
All 17 units in this HUGE bundle include:
- Visual activity instructions for your lessons
- Non-fiction children’s book list about each topic to use for your projects
- Know, Wonder, Learn (KWL) & Schema activities with anchor chart headers
- Vocabulary and fact posters with real photographs
- Vocabulary activities – matching & cards
- Fact sorting and recording pages
- Labeled diagrams with each unit
- Printable booklets for kids to fill-in, read, and draw
- Life cycle information with anchor chart headers, activities, and mini books
- Photo analysis
- Differentiated writing prompts
- 4 or 6 step directed drawing activities
- Themed writing and crafts
- Research report booklet and writing paper
- Compare & contrast on a Venn Diagram
- Observation journals in some of the units
- Science experiments in the season units
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this resource includes!**
Why You Need the Non-Fiction & Animal Science Bundle:
- This bundle provides several activity and template choices, making it easy to and of your students.
- are presented to your students in fun, engaging ways with photographs to keep them focused and excited to learn more.
- This bundle helps you about non-fiction themes to of related vocabulary and facts.
- and with the included stories and ELA activities.
- , teach, and organize the facts and vocabulary for this unit with the easy-to-print anchor chart pieces.
- Use the included tools to facilitate a fun research project with every topic!
The best part? This resource as it comes with and everything you’d need to teach your students about each topic.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lisa H. says,” I own your spider unit, as well as owls. They are exceptional and I knew that I couldn't pass up the chance at the bundled set with the rest of your units! Just made my life a lot easier, with the piece of mind knowing that I will have such an excellent resource to work with!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brandee W. says, “Love all of your resources! They are very well planned and thought out with a variety of activities, supporting visuals and reading materials. I use it for a variety of grade levels from K-3.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica L. says, “I am so happy with this resource! It is exactly what I was looking for in bring non fiction into a class lesson at a age appropriate level!”
You may also like…
→ Seasons Nonfiction Reading ELA & Science Bundle
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
W.1.2, W.1.7, RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI1.3, RI.1.4, RI.1.5, RI.1.6, RI.1.7, RI.1.9, RI.1.10
W.2.2, W.2.7, RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI2.3, RI.2.4, RI.2.5, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.9, RI.2.10
W.3.2, W.3.7, W.3.8, W.3.10, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.5, RI.3.6, RI.3.7, RI.3.9, RI.3.10
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Private Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft