Use the paragraphs on the task cards to write the
1. Create a title for the paragraph.
2. Identify the text structure the paragraph is written in.
3. Identify the author’s purpose of the paragraph.
You can use these task cards for main idea, author’s
purpose, or text structure. It is up to you! They are very
versatile and a great review! I use them to identify all 3
of the above mentioned strategies as a review over
It’s up to you how you choose to use them!
There are two worksheets included.
1) That allows the student to simply create a main idea title and the text structure.
2) That allows the student to create a main idea title and then explain how the correct text structure helps identify the author's purpose. (For example: The paragraph is written in sequential order in order to illustrate the process for the reader to understand how to clean your shoes.)
This resource can be as simple or complicated as you make it! Use it for your kids to enjoy!!