This differentiated No Prep packet features 12 different ENDANGERED ANIMALS with 2 levels of Nonfiction passages for each animal. With these passages you can address reading comprehension, listening comprehension, vocabulary, context clues, research, informational text writing, main idea and details, summarizing, comparing and contrasting information, and more!
This product is great for upper elementary aged students, as well as, middle school students with a language impairment. (Sometimes I even use them with high school students.) These work well with mixed language and articulation groups as well.
Please see the preview in order to get a more clear idea of the components included in this product
OR check out this blog post:
The following endangered animals are included in this packet:
• African Lion • Amur Leopard • Bighorn Sheep • Black Rhino • Cheetah • Chimpanzee • Giant Panda • Hyacinth Macaw • Mountain Gorilla • Sumatran Orangutan • Sumatran Tiger • Ring Tailed Lemur.
Each endangered animal includes the following:
→ K-W-L chart ←
• Use this chart to help students understand the information they already know about each animal, determine what they want to know about each animal, and organize the information they learn about each animal.
→ Did You Know? ←
• This page is a "fun facts" page to give your students a quick introduction to each animal.
→ Level 1 Reading Passages ←
• These passages contain less information and utilize simpler sentence structures and language to assist students with language impairments.
→ Level 1 Comprehension Questions ←
• Each level 1 reading passage contains 4 questions related to the information presented in the passage.
→ Level 2 Reading Passages ←
• These passages contain more information than the level 1 passages and include more difficult sentence structure and information.
→ Level 2 Comprehension Questions ←
• Each level 2 reading passage contains additional comprehension questions related to information presented in the passage.
→ Level 1 Vocabulary ←
• Important vocabulary from the passages are presented in a "fill in the blank" format. A word bank is provided at the bottom of the page.
→ Level 2 Vocabulary With Context Clues ←
• Important vocabulary from the reading passages is highlighted in context for the students to determine the meaning of each word.
→ An Answer Key Is Provided For Level 1 & Level 2 Comprehension Questions and Vocabulary!!!←
→ Main Idea/Details Graphic Organizer ←
• This graphic organizer allows your students to organize the details from the passages as well as the main idea in a visual format.
→ Paragraph Brainstorming Graphic Organizer ←
• This graphic organizer allows your students to organize information before writing a five sentence paragraph or summary.
→ Summary Graphic ←
• This graphic provides your student space to write a summary of the information presented in the reading passages.
→ Informational Flip Book ←
• Each flip book allows your students to summarize the information presented in the reading passages, as well as, to complete simple research. These flip books allow your students to take home the information they have learned and share that information with others.
Please NOTE all pictures are in color, however, they can be printed in gray scale or black/white if needed.
→ You may also like these other Nonfiction Products ←
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl