Nonfiction, Fiction, and Poetry Reading Comprehension Bundle | Digital and Print
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (3)
When it comes to reading comprehension, no-prep, targeted, skills-based practice is key. Find everything you need for your 4th graders to practice essential reading skills with this set of short nonfiction passages, stories, and poems. These are perfect to use during a particular unit, for a passage-a-week practice all year long, or for end-of-year test review!
Save 20% by purchasing the bundle!
Each set includes comprehension questions that target a variety of reading skills and word analysis strategies. The texts are written for 4th graders, but will also work for many students in 3rd and 5th grade.
The nonfiction, fiction, and poetry sets include:
- digital, self-checking task cards hosted on Boom Learning℠. These are completely online - no printing, cutting, or laminating. Students will practice TEI skills like drag-and-drop and selecting answer choices.
- multiple-choice printable PDFs with one text per page AND bonus questions since I had extra room! Answer keys are included.
Click on the individual previews to try a free playable sample of the Boom cards!
Please note that you need an account with Boom in order to use the digital task cards. Read to the end to learn more about Boom.
Skills covered include:
- explaining the author’s purpose
- identifying the topic and main idea
- using text features to predict and categorize information
- distinguishing between fact and opinion
- making predictions
- drawing conclusions/making inferences
- identifying the conflict/solution
- identifying cause and effect relationships
- summarizing events/supporting details
- identifying sensory words
- identifying the theme
- identifying the narrator/speaker
- identifying the genre
- describing how the choice of language, setting, and characters contributes to the development of the plot
- locating “right there” answers
- using knowledge of context clues, synonyms and antonyms, root words and affixes, multiple-meaning words, homophones, and dictionary skills
This resource supports 2017 Reading SOL 4.4, 4.5, and 4.6.
Thanks for visiting my store!
You may also like:
Nonfiction, Fiction, and Poetry Reading Strategies Posters
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins" (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details.