Down, Set, Hike!
Do you want to get your students engaged and excited with nonfiction text? Well head to your school library to check out every nonfiction football text and use this set of resources to teach central idea, supporting details, and how to summarize a text!
This set includes:
- 5 question football themed pre-assessment
- kick off scoot game
- nonfiction features work page
- central idea thinking map
- topic sentence highlighting activity
- nonfiction text analysis worksheet
- summary practice cards
- summary writing page
I also share how I used each activity in my own classroom, and some suggestions for a classroom transformation! It is time for kickoff, let's read!