Nonfiction Reading Passages Bundle Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd Grade | Levels C-M
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (3)
This bundle of nonfiction reading passages is a great resource to use throughout the year to help your students who are reading at Levels C-M work on responding to comprehension questions. This is a great resource if you are looking for engaging nonfiction text passages to add to your classroom. You will easily be able to differentiate in your classroom with the 3 levels for each passage provided in this bundle.
Students will have the opportunity to successfully read at their instructional level and show their comprehension of each passage through the completion of the simple reading response questions. The nonfiction reading passages and comprehension questions are perfect for 15-20 minute small group lessons. You will be able to cover several nonfiction text standards through the use of this pack on a weekly basis.
This bundle is a combination of my three smaller Nonfiction Reading Passages packs, for Levels C-M. By purchasing this bundle, you are saving 20% compared to buying each pack individually!
Included in this pack:
Nonfiction Reading Passages: Level C-D for Kindergarten
Nonfiction Reading Passages: Level E-J for 1st Grade
Nonfiction Reading Passages: Level K-M for 2nd Grade
What's included ?
- 45 leveled nonfiction reading passages total
- 15 leveled nonfiction reading passages for each grade level, Kindergarten-2nd Grade, Levels C-M
These passages are aligned with F&P leveling system.
F&P levels included in this bundle:
Kindergarten Passages C-D
1st Grade Passages E-J
2nd Grade Passages K-M
Topics included in this pack:
African Animal Theme
1. All About Lions (Level C, G, K)
2. Female Lions (Level D, I, M)
3. All About Zebras (Level D, I, M)
4. Life as a Zebra (Level C, J, M)
5. All About Giraffes (Level C, J, M)
6. Life as a Giraffe (Level C, F, M)
7. All About Rhinoceros (Level C, J, M)
8. All About Hippopotamus (Level C, H, M)
9. All About Elephants (Level D, H, L)
10. Baby Elephants (Level D, J, M)
11. All About Cheetahs (Level D, J, K)
12. All About African Buffalo (Level D, J, K)
13. All About Warthogs (Level D, F, L)
14. All About Wildebeests (Level D, J, K)
15. All About Crocodiles (Level D, E, L)
These passages are a perfect way to include nonfiction at a readable level in your weekly lessons! The nonfiction reading passages can be used in a weeklong or daily format in a small group guided reading lesson. The weeklong format includes graphic organizers with a focus on making predictions, asking questions, main topic/purpose key details, non fiction text features, vocabulary, and writing about reading.
Each nonfiction reading passage includes:
- written comprehension questions
- three formats of each passage: full color, black & white, and black & white with additional comprehension questions
- additional differentiated graphic organizers to focus further on: Making predictions, responding to comprehension questions, identifying key topic/purpose/details, non fiction text features, vocabulary focus and writing about reading.
- a main passage which is full page and has full color- I recommend displaying this version on an interactive board or simply in front of a small group
How is this bundle used?
- Choose which format works best for each small group/student.
- Simply print and use each nonfiction reading passage.
- Students will read and then complete the comprehension questions.
- For additional focus on nonfiction texts, print and make copies of the graphic organizers.
- Students will complete these as they dig deeper into each text.
Who is this bundle of leveled nonfiction reading passages for?
- Classroom teachers
- Special education teachers with student fluency goals
- Reading specialists/interventionists/reading teachers
- Classroom aides/assistants
- Parent helpers
- ESL teachers
- For homework/extra practice
This pack of nonfiction reading passages is intended for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. But, it can also be used for a variety of grade levels, based on the current reading level of students.
Download the preview to get a FREE sample!
The goal of these leveled nonfiction reading passages packs is to help students at each level enjoy engaging nonfiction texts while showing their understanding through the completion of the comprehension questions.
I hope you and your students love these nonfiction reading passages!