Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
This incredibly low prep resource is a fun way for your students to practice their reading comprehension skills within nonfiction text. The bundle includes 12 paired passages (a total of 24 nonfiction texts) and activities like snowball fights and scavenger hunts to help students compare and contrast the information from the two passages. There are also comprehension questions for each informational text that address a variety of comprehension skills.
These reading passages and activities are a great way to help you integrate science and social studies topics into your ELA classroom. The passages cover topics like explorers, inventors, important gold rushes, animal adaptations, maps, metamorphosis, and more.
Save 30% when you buy the bundle!
Each of the paired passages activities includes:
-2 nonfiction reading articles that can be used as paired passages
-2 pages of comprehension questions - 1 page for each of the articles
-1 chart for students to fill in comparing and contrasting the topics discussed in the reading comprehension articles
-1 snowball fight or scavenger hunt activity that has students compare and contrast the two topics
-grading rubric and answer keys
These resources are ideal for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. The snowball fight is a fun whole class game, and the reading comprehension questions and chart can be used in small groups, as homework, with partners, or as independent practice.
The paired passages included are:
- Polar Bears and Penguins Reading Passages and Activities
- Bumblebee Bat and Vampire Bat Reading Passages and Activities
- American New Year and Chinese New Year Reading Comprehension and Activities
- Alligators and Crocodiles Reading Comprehension Passages and Activities
- Complete and Incomplete Metamorphosis Reading Passages and Activities
- Camouflage and Mimicry Reading Comprehension Passages and Activities
- House of Representative and Senate Reading Passages and Activities
- Reptiles and Amphibians Reading Passages and Activities
- Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison - Informational Text and Activities
- Physical Maps and Political Maps - Reading Passages and Activities
- Explorers Ferdinand Magellan Vs. Christopher Columbus - Reading Passages and Activities
- Klondike Gold Rush and California Gold Rush Reading Passages and Activities
The preview shows an example of everything included in one of the activities.
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical