Looking for some new ways to practice nonfiction reading skills? These digital task cards feature short, high-interest original passages with accompanying questions that will engage your students as they review essential skills!
Each of the 5 included passages has 4 questions covering a variety of nonfiction comprehension and vocabulary skills. They are written approximately at a fourth grade level. Use these passages during a nonfiction unit or save them for your end-of-year test review!
You'll receive TWO versions of the passages and questions:
• a digital, self-checking set of task cards hosted on Boom Learning℠. These are completely online - no printing, cutting, or laminating! Students will practice TEI skills like drag-and-drop and selecting answer choices!
• a multiple choice printable PDF with one passage per page - and BONUS questions on several since I had a little extra room! Answer keys included.
Click on the preview to see more and to access a free playable sample of the Boom cards!
Skills covered include:
• explaining the author’s purpose
• identifying the topic and main idea
• using text features to predict and categorize information
• summarizing supporting details
• drawing conclusions and making simple inferences
• distinguishing between fact and opinion
• identifying cause and effect relationships
• locating “right there” answers
• using knowledge of context clues, synonyms, and root words and affixes
Aligned with Reading SOL 4.4 and 4.6.
Thanks for visiting my store!
Please CLICK HERE to see more Reading SOL review resources!
With your Teachers Pay Teachers purchase, users new to Boom Learning get a three-month free trial of student progress reporting for up to 150 students. Your trial includes the ability to make up to 5 free DIY decks. You may upgrade or cancel at any time. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years) on interactive whiteboards, computers and tablets. Boom Cards apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try a free Boom Cards deck first. When you redeem your purchase, Boom Learning opens an account for you if you do not already have one. If you do not subscribe at the end of your trial, you will be able to continue using Boom Cards with the Fast Play feature. Fast Play does not track individual progress. If you do not subscribe we will delete your student records 3 months after the expiration of the trial to protect student privacy.